Live CLE Seminar
Immigration Workshop: Conquering Family & Employment Immigration Forms
August 9, 2012 • Dallas, TX
This course will provide an overview and introduction into the basic concepts of U.S. immigration law and procedure pertaining specifically to family- and employment-based visas. Included in the class is a step-by-step workshop on which forms should be filed and how they should be completed.
Additionally, the CLE will discuss the many different types of visas from the B-1 and B-2 to the H-1b, TN and E-3s. Additionally, Student visas F,M and J and family based visas K-1 through K-4 along with other family- and employment-based visas will be also be covered.
- Overview of ways to obtain lawful permanent resident status in the United States
- Overview of family relationships which afford immigration status
- Process of filing for immigration status based on family relationship
- Issues involving Marriage to US citizen
- Obtaining lawful permanent resident status based on employment
- Temporary Employment Based Visas
- Employment Creation Visa (EB 5)
- Discussion about change in enforcement priorities for individuals in Immigration court
Attorney Garry L. Davis
Davis & Associates – Dallas, TX
Garry Davis is a graduate of the University of Texas School of Law and has been practicing exclusively in the area of Immigration law since 2000. His experience encompasses all areas of US Immigration, with a special focus on deportation defense. He also handles cases involving immigration through employment, investment and family sponsorship, appeals and federal court litigation. Mr. Davis also counsels non-US citizens and criminal defense attorneys about the immigration consequences of criminal activity.
He acted as liaison between the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the Dallas Immigration Court for several years. Mr. Davis has been invited to present on Immigration issues for AILA national and regional conferences, the University of Texas, the State Bar of Texas and various local bar associations.
In 2005, Mr. Davis was certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has been selected as a Rising Star Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly Magazine and as a Best Lawyers in America by US News and World Report on numerous occasions. A credit to his office, his firm has been twice selected as one of the Best Law Firms in America, published in US News and World Report.
Attorney Karen-Lee Pollak
Bell Nunnally & Martin L.L.P. – Dallas, TX
Karen-Lee Pollak leads Bell Nunnally's immigration practice, providing full-service legal immigration advice and representation. Karen focuses her practice on both family and corporate based immigration representing Fortune 1000 corporations and individuals with their immigrant and non immigrant visa needs, including professionals, athletes, spouses and family members of current U.S. residents, authors, students, investors and entreprenuers. As an immigrant herself, Karen understands what a critical decision it is moving family or employees to the United States.
- Obtaining P Visas for Australian PGA golfers.
- Helping a legendary Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame Inductee and Promoter bring Australian Rodeo Champions to live and perform in the United States.
- Assisting a renown Scientist in self-petitioning for Permanent Residency (Green Card) as an Alien of Extraordinary Ability.
- Assisting a famous international Writer in obtaining an O-1 Visa.
- Helping citizens of NAFTA countries including England, Canada, France and Pakistan in obtaining Investment and/or Trader Visas.
- Obtaining Permanent Residency for several workers in the EB2 and EB3 categories and their families.
- Obtaining Citizenship for several permanent residents.
- Representation of publicly-traded company in obtaining an Intercompany (L-1) transfer.
- Representation of family members in sponsoring spouses, children and parents for Green Cards.
Activities & Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Dallas Bar Association, Community Involvement Committee
- Texas Women Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Supreme Court of California
- Supreme Court of South Africa
- United States District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- B.A., (International Relations & Sociology), University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- LLB., University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Selected by attorney peers peers as a Texas Rising Star®, Texas Monthly, 2009
Total CLE Credit Hours:
This course has been approved by the State Bar of Texas.
Credit & Programming Satisfaction Guarantee
09:00 AM – 12:15 PM
Hyatt Regency Dallas Hotel
300 Reunion Boulevard
Dallas, Texas 75207
Young Lawyers, with under four (4) years acceptance to the Bar, may use coupon code YL25
to receive a $25 discount when checking out.
Note: Discounts can not be combined.