Live CLE Seminar
Bankruptcy Hot Topics:
Pressing Issues in Chapters 7 & 13 Cases
September 6, 2012 • Phoenix, AZ
This CLE will be a rapid fire discussion on some of the most common issues bankruptcy attorneys face today. Hot topics like the Means Test and the removal of second mortgages along with auto loans and taxes will all be covered in a practical and "best practices" format including sample motions, intake forms and other practice specific forms.
- Judicial Estoppel
- Stern v. Marshall
- Disallowed Mortgage Claims
- Means Testing
- 523(a)(5) and (15) claims
- Chapter 20s
- Client Intake
- Ride through
- Student Loans
Attorney Stephen M. Trezza
Trezza & Associates, L.L.C. – Phoenix, AZ
Mr. Trezza hails from New York. After graduating from Boston College (cum laude) in 1986 he began a three year travel adventure that included Europe, Canada, and the United States before he entered law school. In 1991 he graduated early from Hofstra University and was awarded a Juris Doctor. Mr. Trezza immediately entered into his own private practice which grew to the point where he employed seven other attorneys and ten support staff. In 2006 he left the firm and founded Statewide Paralegal, LLC, which has become the biggest and most successful firm of it's kind in Tucson, AZ. Statewide Paralegal is still going strong and being operated by his wife Shannon Trezza.
Currently Mr. Trezza concentrates on Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. He is a member of the Tucson Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, American Bankruptcy Institute, and the National Consumer Law Center.
Areas of Practice
- Foreclosure & Alternatives
- Arizona, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1992
- University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
Visiting student - 1991
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
J.D. - 1991
- Boston College, Newton, Massachusetts
B.S. (Cum Laude) - 1986
- Guest Speaker, Tucson Legal Secretaries Association
- Guest Speaker, Various elementary and high schools
- Guest Speaker, University of Arizona
- Guest Speaker, Continuing education classes sponsored by the State Bar of Arizona
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tucson Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Consumer Law Center
- American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
- National Bankruptcy Forum
Total CLE Credit Hours:
Arizona CLE credits are pending approval.
Credit & Programming Satisfaction Guarantee
01:15 PM – 04:30 PM
The Westin Phoenix Downtown Hotel
333 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Young Lawyers, with under four (4) years acceptance to the Bar, may use coupon code YL25
to receive a $25 discount when checking out.
Note: Discounts can not be combined.
Note: If registering three (3) days before the event, or at the door, your course materials will be sent to you via e-mail.
Can't attend? Pre-order audio now.
Receive a copy of the complete audio recording of this live CLE seminar along with all materials.
Note: Audio recordings are made available approximately two (2) weeks after completion of the live seminar.