Live CLE Seminar
Collection Law: Debtors, Assets & Judgments
September 27, 2012 • Jackson, MS
This CLE class will cover the procedures for legally collecting a winning judgment against a bad debt. Additionally, the class will discuss recovery actions and compliance with governing collection guidelines.
By attending this class attorneys will be better equipped to maximize their chances to recover.
- Finding Debtors and Their Assets
- Obtaining a Judgment
- Collecting a Judgment
- What are the creditor's rights when a debtor files for bankruptcy
Attorney Steve E. Gardner
YoungWilliams, P.A. – Jackson, MS
Steve Gardner is a shareholder in the firm and a member of the firm's Commercial Litigation and Creditor's Rights Group. His areas of practice include:
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial and consumer debt collection
- Creditor's rights
- Bankruptcy litigation
Steve has been a featured speaker at numerous seminars focusing on debt collection and bankruptcy issues. He and his team of legal assistants represent well over 50 clients and forwarders of claims and collect over $1,500,000 per year for their clients.
Steve also leads the firm's Domestic Relations Group where he represents both men and women who find themselves in the difficult situation of needing a divorce or with child custody, child support or spousal support problems.
- B.B.A., Banking and Finance, 1981, University of Mississippi
- J.D., 1983, University of Mississippi School of Law
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Capitol Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bankruptcy Conference
- Commercial Law League
- General Bar
- The National List
- American Lawyers Quarterly
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- The Forwarders List
- Peer Rated B-V in Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
- All Mississippi state and Federal courts and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Law Clerk to Justice Lenore Prather, Mississippi Supreme Court, 1983 - 1984
Total CLE Credit Hours:
This seminar has been approved by the Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education.
Credit & Programming Satisfaction Guarantee
01:30 PM – 04:45 PM
200 East Amite Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Young Lawyers, with under four (4) years acceptance to the Bar, may use coupon code YL25
to receive a $25 discount when checking out.
Note: Discounts can not be combined.
Note: If registering three (3) days before the event your course materials will be sent to you via e-mail.
Can't attend? Pre-order audio now.
Receive a copy of the complete audio recording of this live CLE seminar along with all materials.
Note: Audio recordings are made available approximately two (2) weeks after completion of the live seminar.
For the complete list of seminars being offered in Mississippi, click here