Live CLE Seminar
Business Contracts A-Z:
Reviews, Drafts and Negotiations
October 9, 2012 • Charlotte, NC
Businesses large and small require a number of contracts to be drafted and/or reviewed by their business attorney. This CLE is designed for attorneys who are new to business law, specifically transactional law and will be a guide on contract drafting for common business contracts that a practitioner will encounter.
- Contract Mechanics
- Asset Purchase and Sale Agreement
- Employment Contract
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Commercial Lease
Attorney Steven Carr
Ellinger & Carr, PLLC – Raleigh, NC
Steven (Steve) Carr is a business lawyer. Steve's practice concentrates on the areas of banking and finance, business law, commercial lending (including foreclosures and workouts), commercial real estate, community development, contract negotiations, complex commercial transactions, historic rehabilitation, housing and energy tax credit transactions, land use and zoning matters.
Steve's experience and practice areas also include: new business development and start-ups (including LLCs and corporations); business dispute resolution and litigation; lease negotiations; corporate law and corporate governance; energy law, regulation and tax credits; employment law; intellectual property matters; shareholder agreements and shareholder rights; LLC operating agreements; representations of business owners, partners, shareholders, contractors, developers, lenders, and equity investors. Steve is AV Peer Review Rated.
- North Carolina
- United States District Courts, Kansas, Southern District of Florida, and Eastern and Western Districts of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth, Eighth and Tenth Circuits
- Member, North Carolina State Bar and Tenth Judicial District; Wake, North Carolina and American Bar Associations
- Chair, North Carolina Bar Association Foundation Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Frequent speaker and contributor to professional publications
- Laura Holland Uzzell Foundation (a 501(c)(3)educational foundation) and Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School; Former President and Chairman of the Board
- Contemporary Science Center, Inc.
(A non-profit foundation that promotes and supports applied science field studies and related programs for North Carolina high school students sponsored by science and technology companies based in the Research Triangle Park. Former Director and Past Chairman of the Board.)
- Washburn University (B.A., magna cum laude 1979)
- Washburn University (J.D., Dean's Honors 1979)
- Affordable Housing and Community Development
- Banking and Finance
- Business Law
- Corporate Governance and Law
- Employment Law and Non-competes
- Energy Law and Energy Credits
Attorney Brandy Milazzo
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP – Charlotte, NC
Brandy Milazzo's principal areas of practice are technology, supply chain and outsourcing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, commercial business transactions, loan modifications and other general corporate work, such as corporate organization or dissolution.
- Represent numerous clients on legality of online promotions.
- Represented global media and entertainment company in negotiation of various complex commercial contracts.
- Represented large financial institutions in negotiations of various complex commercial contracts.
- Negotiated various technology agreements for network security company.
- Negotiated and conducted $45 million sale of division of concrete company.
- Negotiated and conducted sale of minor league sports team.
- Negotiated and conducted acquisition of software company.
- Negotiated and conducted sale of multimillion-dollar portfolio of mortgage receivable assets.
- Negotiated and conducted $25 million financing for client that included recapitalization and reverse stock split.
- Girl Scouts Raise the Bar - Joint project between North Carolina Girl Scouts and the North Carolina Bar Association to recognize Girl Scouts alumnae who have become recognized lawyers in North Carolina to celebrate 100 years of Girl Scouts
- People on the Move 2011, Charlotte Business Journal
- Girl Scouts Thanks Badge (2010)
- Campbell University Distinguished Government Alumni Award (2006)
- James Petigru Compleat Lawyer Award (2001)
- ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal, Research Editor
- Order of Wig and Robe (2000)
- Susan McCrary Scholarship Award (2000)
- Presidential Scholar, Campbell University (1993-1997)
Total CLE Credit Hours:
3 (includes 1 hour of ethics
This seminar has been approved by the North Carolina State Board of Continuing Legal Education.
Credit & Programming Satisfaction Guarantee
09:00 AM – 12:15 PM
Ballantyne Conference Center
13850 Ballantyne Corporate Place
Charlotte, NC 28277
Young Lawyers, with under four (4) years acceptance to the Bar, may use coupon code YL25
to receive a $25 discount when checking out.
Note: Discounts can not be combined.